The United States Marshals Service is a federal law enforcement organization within the United States Department of Justice. It was formed on September 24, 1789 as part of the Judiciary Act of 1789. They apprehend more than half of all federal fugitives, protect the federal judiciary, operate the Witness Security Program, transport federal prisoners, conduct body searches, enforce court orders and Attorney General orders involving civil disturbances and acts of terrorism, execute civil and criminal processes, and seize property acquired by criminals through illegal activities.
The Marshals are the central law enforcement featured in Justified and only three fields (Lexington, Miami and Detroit) have been seen in the series thus far.
Lexington Field Office
- Art Mullen - Chief Deputy
- Tim Gutterson - Deputy US Marshal
- Rachel Brooks - Deputy US Marshal/Interim Chief Deputy
- Nelson Dunlop
- Bill Nichols
Miami Field Office
- Dan Grant - Former Chief Deputy
- Greg Sutter - Current Chief Deputy
- Raylan Givens - Deputy US Marshal (Formerly Lexington)
Detroit Field Office
- Ed Kirkland - Chief Deputy
Seattle Field Office