Doyle Bennett was a recurring character and one of the main antagonists in the second season of the FX series Justified. Doyle is the older brother of Coover Bennett and Dickie Bennett, as well as the oldest son of Mags Bennett. Doyle is a crooked chief of police of Bennett, Kentucky, who even went so far as to kill two men who knew that Dickie was behind an Oxycontin robbery, in order to keep Dickie and Coover from being imprisoned. Doyle is killed in the season 2 finale "Bloody Harlan", when he is shot in the head by a US Marshal sniper while attempting to kill a wounded Raylan Givens. Doyle was portrayed by guest star Joseph Lyle Taylor.
He is referenced to have a wife and children, although they never appeared on-screen.
After the Black Pike deal with the Mags Bennett, Doyle's mother, Doyle heeds his mother decision to remove themselves from all criminal activities.
- Mags Bennett: Mother, criminal associate, deceased
- Pervis Bennett: Father, deceased
- Dickie Bennett: Brother, criminal associate
- Coover Bennett: Brother, criminal associate, deceased
- Sarah Jean Bennett: Wife
- Two unnamed children
- "Is this the dumbest piece of cat shit on the face of the Earth?" - in a phone call to Dickie Bennett after Doyle discovers Dickie's involvement in robbing the Oxy bus in the episode "The I of the Storm".
|Season two appearances|
|The Moonshine War||The Life Inside||The I of the Storm||For Blood or Money||Cottonmouth|
|Blaze of Glory||Save My Love||The Spoil||Brother's Keeper||Debts and Accounts|
|Full Commitment||Reckoning||Bloody Harlan|